- Designed electrical system layout
- Minimized wire runs
- Maximized ease of troubleshooting with accessible components
- Created complete BoM from receipts
- Designed game piece acquisition and deployment for large plastic gears
- Able to function in both passive (Pilot responsible for lifting gear with peg) and active (robot deploys gear onto peg) modes
- Robot finished in top 1/3rd of Ontario teams after playing the top teams very often
I was also the Pilot, a human player controlling the strategic scoring of the large pastic gears. Although I was in a confined space with another Pilot, I made strategic decisions and established a leadership role in only a few seconds. These decisions regarded order of retrieval of game pieces, involved communication in loud environments and required sub-one second reactions.